Welcome to the Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine,
Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine
Message from the Chairman
Hi, I am Shigeto Oda, and I feel very grateful for your interest in our department. Our institution emphasizes greatly on critical care management, not to mention blood purification, our classic specialty. We provide acute care for both medical and surgical patients, as well as the critical care that follows. We also strive for excellence in basic and clinical research in these fields. We offer kind accommodation and exciting environment for medical students, researchers, physicians, and also co-medicals interested in observing or training at our facility, from in and out of Japan. We also welcome offers for collaborative studies, also on a worldwide basis. Contact us, for more information about the great opportunities we have to offer.
Shigeto Oda MD, PhD
Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
1-8-1 Inohana, Chuo, Chiba, 260-8677, Japan
Facilities and activities
Emergency room (ER) 8000 patients/year
Intensive Care Units (ICU) 22 beds, 1000 patients/year
Graduate student 2-4
Research technician 2
Shimazui T, Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Oda S.Serum levels of interleukin-6 may predict organ dysfunction earlier than SOFA score.Acute Med Surg. 2017; 4: 255-261
Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Kondo H, Idoguchi K, Funabiki T; DIRECT-IABO investigators. Partial occlusion, conversion from thoracotomy, undelayed but shorter occlusion: resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta strategy in Japan. Eur J Emerg Med. Eur J Emerg Med. 2017; 21 [Epub ahead of print]
Suga N, Matsumura Y, Abe R, Hattori N, Nakada TA, Oda S. A safe procedure for connecting a continuous renal replacement therapy device into an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation circuit. J Artif Organs. 2017; 24 [Epub ahead of print]
Oami T, Watanabe E, Hatano M, Sunahara S, Fujimura L, Sakamoto A, Ito C, Toshimori K, Oda S. Suppression of T Cell Autophagy Results in Decreased Viability and Function of T Cells Through Accelerated Apoptosis in a Murine Sepsis Model. Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: e77-e85.
Oshima T, Graf S, Heidegger CP, Genton L, Pugin J, Pichard C. Can calculation of energy expenditure based on CO2 measurements replace indirect calorimetry? Crit Care. 2017; 21: 13
Tanaka K, Nakada TA, Fukuma H, Nakao S, Masunaga N, Tomita K, Matsumura Y, Mizushima Y, Matsuoka T. Development of a novel information and communication technology system to compensate for a sudden shortage of emergency department physicians. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2017 23;25(1):6
Oshima T, Berger MM, De Waele E, Guttormsen AB, Heidegger CP, Hiesmayr M, Singer P, Wernerman J, Pichard C. Indirect calorimetry in nutritional therapy. A position paper by the ICALIC study group. Clin Nutr. 2017; 36: 651-662
Reva VA, Matsumura Y, Hörer T, Sveklov DA, Denisov AV, Telickiy SY, Seleznev AB, Bozhedomova ER, Matsumoto J, Samokhvalov IM, Morrison JJ. Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta: what is the optimum occlusion time in an ovine model of hemorrhagic shock? Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016; 13[Epub ahead of print]
Teeter WA, Matsumoto J, Idoguchi K, Kon Y, Orita T, Funabiki T, Brenner ML, Matsumura Y. Smaller introducer sheaths for REBOA may be associated with fewer complications. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 81: 1039-1045.
Hashida T, Nakada TA, Satoh M, Tomita K, Kawaguchi R, Nomura F, Oda S. Proteome analysis of hemofilter adsorbates to identify novel substances of sepsis: a pilot study. J Artif Organs. 2016; 17[Epub ahead of print]
Oshima T, Heidegger CP, Pichard C. Supplemental Parenteral Nutrition Is the Key to Prevent Energy Deficits in Critically Ill Patients. Nutr Clin Pract. 2016; 31: 432-7
Oshima T, Singer P, Pichard C. Parenteral or enteral nutrition: do you have the choice? Curr Opin Crit Care. 2016; 22: 292-8.
Oshima T, Hiesmayr M, Pichard C. Parenteral nutrition in the ICU setting: need for a shift in utilization. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2016; 19: 144-50.
Kurita T, Nakada TA, Kawaguchi R, Shinozaki K, Abe R, Oda S. Timing and Location of Medical Emergency Team Activation Is Associated with Seriousness of Outcome: An Observational Study in a Tertiary Care Hospital. PLoS One. 2016;11:e0168729.
Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Abe R. Novel prediction tool for veno-arterial extracorporeal membranous oxygenation in acute myocardial infarction patients. J Thorac Dis 2016; 8: E466-E468
Takahashi W, Nakada TA, Yazaki M, Oda S. Interleukin-6 Levels Act as a Diagnostic Marker for Infection and a Prognostic Marker in Patients with Organ Dysfunction in Intensive Care Units. Shock. [Epub ahead of print]
Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Shinozaki K, Tagami T, Nomura T, Tahara Y, Sakurai A, Yonemoto N, Nagao K, Yaguchi A, Morimura N; SOS-KANTO 2012 study group. Nighttime is associated with decreased survival and resuscitation efforts for out-of-hospital cardiac arrests: a prospective observational study. Crit Care. 2016; 20: 141.
Nakada T, Takahashi W, Russell JA. Should fever be treated ? In: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE of CRITICAL CARE SECOND EDITION. editor Deutschman CS, Neliganpp PJ. Philadelphia: Elsevier 2016:118-123.
Imaeda T, Nakada TA, Abe R, Tateishi Y, Oda S. Veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for Streptococcus pyogenes toxic shock syndrome in pregnancy. J Artif Organs. 2016; 19: 200-3
Oshima T, Kodama Y, Takahashi W, Hayashi Y, Iwase S, Kurita T, Saito D, Yamaji Y, Oda S. Empiric Antibiotic Therapy for Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. Surg Infect. 2016; 17: 210-6.
Oshima T, Deutz NE, Doig G, Wischmeyer PE, Pichard C. Protein-energy nutrition in the ICU is the power couple: A hypothesis forming analysis. Clin Nutr. 2016; 35: 968-74
Oshima T, Pichard C. Parenteral nutrition: never say never. Critical Care. 2015; 19: S5
Kawaguchi R, Nakada TA, Oshima T, Abe R, Matsumura Y, Oda S. Reduction of unexpected serious adverse events after introducing medical emergency team. Acute Medicine & Surgery 2015; 2: 244–249.
Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Hayashi Y, Oshima T, Oda S. Intrahospital transport of mechanically ventilated ICU patients using new equipment attached to a transfer board. Acute Medicine & Surgery 2015;2:219-22
Matsumura Y, Matsumoto J, Kurita T, Oshima T, Hattori N, Toma T, Teeter WA, Oda S. Atraumatic splenic rupture cases presenting with hemorrhagic shock and coagulopathy treated by splenic artery occlusion using a microballoon catheter before splenectomy. J Surg Case Rep 2015; 2015: rjv121.
Kitamura N, Nakada TA, Shinozaki K, Tahara Y, Sakurai A, Yonemoto N, Nagao K, Yaguchi A, Morimura N; SOS-KANTO 2012 Study Group. Subsequent shock deliveries are associated with increased favorable neurological outcomes in cardiac arrest patients who had initially non-shockable rhythms. Crit Care. 2015; 19: 322
Nakada T, Nakao S, Mizushima Y, Matsuoka T. Association between male sex and increased mortality after falls. Acad Emerg Med. 2015; 22:708-13.
Hashida T, Nakada T, Takahashi W, Abe R, Oda S. Extremely severe anaemia in a critically ill patient who declined a blood transfusion. Transfus Med. 2015; 23:195-197.
Nakada TA, Boyd JH, Russell JA, Aguirre-Hernández R, Wilkinson MD, Thair SA,Nakada E, McConechy MK, Fjell CD, Walley KR. VPS13D Gene Variant Is Associated with Altered IL-6 Production and Mortality in Septic Shock. J Innate Immun. 2015;7:545-53.
Shinozaki K, Lampe JW, Wang CH, Yin T, Kim J, Oda S, Hirasawa H, Becker LB. Developing dual hemofiltration plus cardiopulmonary bypass in rodents. J Surg Res 2015; 195:196-203.
Oshima T, Furukawa Y, Kobayashi M, Sato Y, Nihei A, Oda S. Fulfilling caloric demands according to indirect calorimetry may be beneficial for post cardiac arrest patients under therapeutic hypothermia. Resuscitation. 2015; 88: 81-85.
Nakada TA, Russell JA, Boyd JH, Thair SA, Walley KR. Identification of a Nonsynonymous Polymorphism in the SVEP1 Gene Associated With Altered Clinical Outcomes in Septic Shock. Crit Care Med. 2015; 43: 101-108.
- Shiga H, Hirasawa H, Nishida O, Oda S, Nakamura M, Mashiko K, Matsuda K, Kitamura N, Kikuchi Y, Fuke N. Continuous hemodiafiltration with a cytokine-adsorbing hemofilter in patients with septic shock: a preliminary report. Blood Purif. 2014; 38: 211-8.
- Nakada TA, Idoguchi K, Fukuma H, Ono H, Nakao S, Matsuoka T. Urgent endovascular treatment of subclavian artery injury after blunt trauma.F1000Res. 2014; 19: 3. 310.
- Oda S, Aibiki M, Ikeda T,Imaizumi H, Endo S, Ochiai R, Kotani J, Shime N, Nishida O, Noguchi T, Matsuda N, Hirasawa H, Sepsis Registry Committee of The Japanese Society of Intensive Care Medicine. The Japanese guidelines for the management of sepsis. J Intensive Care. 2014; 28: 2. 55.
- Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Abe R, Oshima T, Oda S. Serum Procalcitonin Level and SOFA Score at Discharge from the Intensive Care Unit Predict Post-Intensive Care Unit Mortality: A Prospective Study. PLoS One. 2014; 9: e114007.
- Tanaka K, Nakada TA, Abe R, Itoga S, Nomura F, Oda S. Omeprazole-associated rhabdomyolysis. Crit Care. 2014; 18: 462.
- Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Oda S. The relationship between the 4Ts scoring system and the PF4/heparin antibodies test in critically ill patients. Acute Medicine & Surgey 2014; 1: 37-44.
- Takahashi W, Nakada TA, Abe R, Tanaka K, Matsumura Y, Oda S. Usefulness of interleukin 6 levels in the cerebrospinal fluid for the diagnosis of bacterial meningitis. J Crit Care. 2014; 29: 693.e1-6.
- Kimura T, Watanabe E, Sakamoto T, Takasu O, Ikeda T, Ikeda K, Kotani J, Kitamura N, Sadahiro T, Tateishi Y, Shinozaki K, Oda S. Autophagy-related IRGM polymorphism is associated with mortality of patients with severe sepsis. PLoS One. 2014; 9: e91522
- Takahashi W, Watanabe E, Fujimura L, Watanabe-Takano H, Yoshidome H, Swanson PE, Tokuhisa T, Oda S, Hatano M. Kinetics and protective role of autophagy in a mouse cecal ligation and puncture-induced sepsis. Crit Care. 2013; 17: R160.
- Matsumura Y, Nakada TA, Kobe Y, Hattori N, Oda S. Median arcuate ligament syndrome presenting as hemorrhagic shock. Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31: 1152.e1-4.
- Oku R, Oda S, Nakada TA, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Abe R, Tateishi Y, Ito M, Iseki T, Hirasawa H. Differential pattern of cell-surface and soluble TREM-1 between sepsis and SIRS. Cytokine. 2013; 61: 112-7.
- Hirasawa H, Oda S, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Shiga H, Matsuda K. Continuous hemodiafiltration with a cytokine-adsorbing hemofilter for sepsis. Blood Purif. 2012; 34: 164-70.
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Nakanishi K, Kitamura N, Hirasawa H. Duration of well-controlled core temperature correlates with neurological outcome in patients with post-cardiac arrest syndrome. Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 1838-44.
- Watanabe E, Zehnbauer BA, Oda S, Sato Y, Hirasawa H, Buchman TG. Tumor necrosis factor -308 polymorphism (rs1800629) is associated with mortality and ventilator duration in 1057 Caucasian patients. Cytokine. 2012; 60: 249-56.
- Sadahiro T, Oda S, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Shinozaki K.Trends in and perspectives on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for severe adult respiratory failure. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 60: 192-201.
- Nakamura M, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Watanabe E, Abe R, Nakada TA, Morita Y, Hirasawa H. Correlation between high blood interleukin-6 level, hyperglycemia and glucose control in septic patients. Crit Care. 2012; 16: R58.
- Matsumura Y, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Abe R, Nakada TA, Tateishi Y, Oshima T, Shinozaki K, Hirasawa H. Treatment of septic shock with continuous HDF using 2 PMMA hemofilters for enhanced intensity. Int J Artif Organs. 2012; 35: 3-14.
- Setoguchi D, Yatsuki H, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Oda S. Effects of a peripheral cholinesterase inhibitor on cytokine production and autonomic nervous activity in a rat model of sepsis. Cytokine 2012; 57: 238-44.
- Nakada TA, Russell JA, Boyd JH, Walley KR. IL17A genetic variation is associated with altered susceptibility to Gram-positive infection and mortality of severe sepsis. Crit Care. 2011; 15: R254.
- Abe R, Yamashita N, Rochier A, Nixon A, Abe R, Madri JA, Sumpio BE: Varying Effects of Hemodynamic Forces on Tissue Factor RNA Expression in Human Endothelial Cells. J Surg Res 2011; 170: 150-6
- Setoguchi D, Nakamura M, Yatsuki H, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Kuwaki T, Oda S: Experimental examination of anti-inflammatory effects of a 5-HT(3) receptor antagonist, tropisetron, and concomitant effects on autonomic nervous function in a rat sepsis model. Int Immunopharmacol 2011; 11:2073-2078
- Nakada TA, Russell JA, Boyd JH, McLaughlin L, Nakada E, Thair SA, Hirasawa H, Oda S, Walley KR: Association of angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein gene polymorphism with increased mortality in septic shock. Crit Care Med 2011; 39:1641-1648
- Abe R, Beckett J, Abe R, Nixon A, Rochier A, Yamashita N, Sumpio B: Olive Oil Polyphenol Oleuropein Inhibits Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011; 41: 814-20.
- Takai N, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Shinozaki K, Nomura F, Mamada K: Auditory evoked potential P50 as a predictor of neurologic outcome in resuscitated cardiac arrest patients. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Jun;28(3):302-7.2011; 28:302-307
- Nakada TA, Russell JA, Wellman H, Boyd JH, Nakada E, Thain KR, Thair SA, Hirasawa H, Oda S, Walley KR: Leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase gene variants in septic shock. Chest 2011; 139:1042-1049
- Abe R, Yamashita N, Rochier A, Abe R, Nixon A, Madri JA, Sumpio BE: Pulsatile To-fro Flow Induces Greater and Sustained Expression of Tissue Factor RNA in HUVEC than Unidirectional Laminar Flow. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011; 300:H1345-51.
- Shimada T, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Abe R, Nakada TA, Tateishi Y, Otani S, Hirasawa H, Tokuhisa T, Uno H: Outcome prediction in sepsis combined use of genetic polymorphisms-A study Japanese population. Cytokine 2011; 54:79-84
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Nakanishi K, Kitamura N, Sato Y, Hirasawa H: Blood ammonia and lactate levels on hospital arrival as a predictive biomarker in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation 2011; 82:404-409
- Hirayama Y, Oda S, Wakabayashi K, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y: comparison of Interleukin-6 Removal Properties among Hemofilters consisting of Varying Membrane Materials and Surface Areas:An in vitro Study. Blood Purif 2011; 31:18-25
- Nakada TA, Russell JA, Boyd JH, Aguirre-Hernandez R, Thain KR, Thair SA, Nakada E, McConechy M, Walley KR: beta2-Adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism is associated with mortality in septic shock. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 181:143-9.
- Oda S, Sadahiro T, Hirayama Y, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Hirasawa H: Non-renal indications for continuous renal replacement therapy: Current status in Japan. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:47-53
- Abe R, Oda S, Shinozaki K, Hirasawa H: Continuous hemodiafiltration using a polymethyl methacrylate membrane hemofilter for severe acute pancreatitis. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:54-63
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Abe R, Tateishi Y, Yokoi T, Hirasawa H: Blood purification in fulminant hepatic failure. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:64-72
- Nakamura M, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Hirayama Y, Watanabe E, Tateishi Y, Nakada T, Hirasawa H: Treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock by CHDF using a PMMA membrane hemofilter as a cytokine modulator. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:73-82
- Matsuda K, Moriguchi T, Oda S, Hirasawa H: Efficacy of continuous hemodiafiltration with a cytokine-adsorbing hemofilter in the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:83-92
- Abe R, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Tateishi Y, Shinozaki K, Hirasawa H: Gram-negative bacteremia induces greater magnitude of inflammatory response than Gram-positive bacteremia. Crit Care 2010; 14:R27
- Shiga H, Kikuchi Y, Hattori N, Hirasawa H: Special considerations in continuous hemodiafiltration with critically ill pediatric patients. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:158-166
- Hirasawa H: Indications for blood purification in critical care. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166:21-30
- Watanabe E, Buchman TG, Hirasawa H, Zehnbauer BA: Association between lymphotoxin-alpha (tumor necrosis factor-beta) intron polymorphism and predisposition to severe sepsis is modified by gender and age. Crit Care Med 2010; 38: 181-93
- Hattori N, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Ryuzo R, Shinozaki K, Nomura F, Tomonaga T, Matsushita K, Kodera Y, Sogawa K, Satoh M, Hirasawa H: YKL-40 identified by proteomic analysis as a biomarker of sepsis. Shock 2009; 32:393-400
- Otani S, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Nakada T, Abe R, Tokuhisa T, Hirasawa H: Clinical application of cytokine-related gene polymorphism analysis using a newly developed DNA chip in critically ill patients. Clin Biochem 2009; 42:1387-1393
- Hirasawa H, Oda S, Nakamura M: Blood glucose control in patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. World J Gastroenterol 2009; 15:4132-4136
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Abe R, Nakada T, Nomura F, Nakanishi K, Kitamura N, Hirasawa H: Serum S-100B is superior to neuron-specific enolase as an early prognostic biomarker for neurological outcome following cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation 2009; 80:870-875
- Oshima T, Lee S, Sato A, Oda S, Hirasawa H, Yamashita T: TNF-α contributes to axonal sprouting and functional recovery following traumatic brain injury. Brain Res 2009; 1290:102-110
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Abe R, Tateishi Y, Hattori N, Shimada T, Hirasawa H: S-100B and neuron-specific enolase as predictors of neurological outcome in patients after cardiac arrest and return of spontaneous circulation: a systematic review. Crit Care 2009; 13:R121
- Morita Y, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Oshima T, Otani S, Hirasawa H: The effects of body temperature control on cytokine production in a rat model of ventilator-induced lung injury. Cytokine 2009; 47:48-55
- Yokoi T, Oda S, Shiga H, Matsuda K, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirasawa H: Efficacy of high-flow dialysate continuous hemodiafiltration in the treatment of fulminant hepatic failure. Transfus Apher Sci 2009; 41:61-70
- Nakamura M, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Hirayama Y, Tateishi Y, Abe R, Hirasawa H: The role of hypercytokinemia in the pathophysiology of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) and the treatment with continuous hemodiafiltration using a polymethylmethacrylate membrane hemofilter (PMMA-CHDF). Transfus Apher Sci 2009; 41:41-47
- Tateishi Y, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, Abe R, Hirasawa H: Continuous hemodiafiltration in the treatment of reactive hemophagocytic syndrome refractory to medical therapy. Transfus Apher Sci 2009; 41:33-40
- Watanabe E, Muenzer JT, Hawkins WG, Davis CG, Dixon DJ, McDunn JE, Brackett DJ, Lerner MR, Swanson PE, Hotchkiss RS: Sepsis induces extensive autophagic vacuolization in hepatocytes: a clinical and laboratory-based study. Lab Invest 2009; 89:549-561
- Watanabe E, Zehnbauer B, Deutschman CS: Genetic variability and outcome in the critically ill: Avoiding SNP judgments. Crit Care Med 2009; 37: 357-60
- Shinozaki K, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Abe R, Nakamura S, Hattori N, Hirano S, Hattori T, Hirasawa H: A case report of plasmapheresis in the treatment of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Ther Apher Dial 2008; 12:401-405
- Nakada T, Oda S, Matsuda K, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Abe R, Hirasawa H: Continuous hemodiafiltration with PMMA hemofilter in the treatment of patients with septic shock. Mol Med 2008; 14:257-263
- Abe R, Hirasawa H, Oda S, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Watanabe E, Nakada T, Hatano M, Tokuhisa T: Up-Regulation of interleukin-10 mRNA expression in peripheral leukocytes predicts poor outcome and diminished human leukocyteantigen-DR expression on monocytes in septic patients. J Surg Res 2008; 147:1-8
- Watanabe K, Hirasawa H, Oda S, Shiga H, Matsuda K, Nakamura M, Abe R, Nakada T: A case of survival following high-dose sodium azide poisoning. Clinical Toxicology 2007; 45:810-811
- Kobe Y, Oda S, Matsuda K, Nakamura M, Hirasawa H: Direct hemoperfusion with a cytokine-adsorbing device for the treatment of persistent or severe hypercytokinemia: A pilot study. Blood Purif 2007; 25:446-453
- Tateishi Y, Oda S, Nakamura M, Watanabe K, Kuwaki T, Moriguchi T, Hirasawa H: Depressed heart rate variability is associated with high IL-6 blood level and decline in the blood pressure in septic patients. Shock 2007; 28:549-553
- Hirasawa H, Oda S, Matsuda K: Continuous hemodiafiltration with cytokine-adsorbing hemofilter in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock. Contrib Nephrol 2007; 156:365-370
- Hirayama Y, Sumpio BE: Role of ligand-specific integrins in endothelial cell alignment and elongation induced by cyclic strain. Endothelium 2007; 14:275-283